SeeDector material flow measurement
Measurement of the amount and speed of a material flow in pipes or tubes
SeeDector deploys a novel technique for measurement of amount and speed of a flow of particulate material (e.g. seeds, mineral fertilizer, granules) or liquids moving in pipes. For many applications - e.g. seed drills, fertilizer applicators, slurry injectors - the amount and speed of a material flow becomes measurable first time, real-time in the process. SeeDector is the seed blockage sensor in the SeedMon system.
SeeDector is a material flow sensor based on high-frequency electromagnetic waves (microwaves, doppler radar). SeeDector is directly clamped onto a tube or pipe without alterations. Measurement data are transferred via CAN-Bus.
The SeeDector technique has been applied for German and European patent. USA Patent (US 8,915,144 B2) has been granted.
At the Agritechnica 2011 fair SeeDector has been awarded with a silver medal from the DLG novelties commission.
- Throughput measurement of a free falling or peumatically conveyed flow of particulate material or liquid.
- Covers the range from smallest (e.g. oilseed rape, gras) to the biggest kernels (e.g. beans, peas).
- Enabling and optimising monitoring, control and closed-loop control.
- Easy and simple installation, clamped with a sheet steel bracket on a plastic pipe (possibly with metal spiral inlay) or placed in a cut-out window of a metal pipe.
- No cutting or alteration of a plastic pipe.
- Nothing built into the pipe constricting the material flow.
- No alteration of the machine´s design.
- By virtue of the functional principle (doppler radar) unsusceptible against dirt, dust or incrustation inside of the pipe - contrary to all other functional principles of the competition.
- Smart sensor with integrated processing and communication (mikrocontroller).
- CAN interface for output of amount and speed of the material flow.
- Enabling blockage monitoring systems detecting partial blockage with decreased throughput.
- Enabling monitoring and detection of flow switching on and off when tramlining.
- For installation on pipes or tubes with different diameters a wide range of sheet steel brackets with according dimensions is available.
|planar microwave frontend, filter amplifier, mikrocontroller, CAN transceiver
|5 V DC/70 mA max
|-20°C to +70°C operation
|CAN 2.0 B
|Dimensions of the sensor:
|90 mm x 47 mm x 40 (72)mm (LxWxH), less cable, less bracket
|clamped on with steel sheet bracket