Axmat Radar system for material flow measurement
Measurement of thrown material
Axmat is a control system optimizing the lateral distribution of disc spreaders.
Axmat is a joint development of Rauch Landmaschinenfabrik GmbH and MSO Meßtechnik und Ortung GmbH. MSO has developed the core Radar system.
For this purposes MSO disposes of Know-How for the application specific development and manufacturing of Radar systems.
Axmat has been bestowed on the gold medal for novelties at Agritechnica 2013.
Detection of the lateral distribution
The innovative MSO radar sensor system for measurement of material flow is the core function element of the Rauch Axmat system. It features four radar frontends in a row on a multiprocessor module. The radar signals are sampled at a high rate. Each radar frontend supposes of it´s own microcontroller (32-bit Arm Cortex M4F) for processing. Further processing and communication is handled by another dedicated MCU.
The MSO Radar sensor system is mounted on a swivel arm in a fully protected casing. By swivelling the arm the material flow from the disc is scanned with high resolution. Integrated in the MSO radar system is the processing of the measurement data and computing of the lateral distribution of the spreading "fan". The angle correlated lateral distribution is being output to the Rauch ECU and used for control by adjusting the position of the tipping point of the material flow onto the disc.
Benefits and advantages
- Contactless measurement of a free thrown material flow
- Detection of angle corellated lateral mass distribution in the "launch" area of the disc
- For all material being spread by the disc spreader
- Optimization of monitoring, control and closed-loop control of a disc spreader
- Simplifying and improving the setup of the spreader
- Optimizing the cost intensive mineral fertilization
- Continous control (self-adjusting) and function monitoring of the spreader
- Insuspectible to soiling
- Fully IP69K protected